Equus Mining has acquired the rights to 100% of the Los Domos gold-silver project located in Chile’s XI Region and adjacent to the operating Cerro Bayo mine.
Reconnaissance work has shown high grade gold-silver mineralization in sheeted and stockwork veins and hydrothermal breccias.
Rock-chip channel sample results include the following(i):
- 0.15m @ 110.1 g/t Au & 51 g/t Ag
- 0.40m @ 81.1 g/t Au & 1996 g/t Ag
- 0.40m @ 50.7 g/t Au & 326 g/t Ag
- 0.40m @ 32.7 g/t Au & 227 g/t Ag
- 0.70m @ 17.2 g/t Au & 449 g/t Ag
- 0.40m @ 5.7 g/t Au & 1340 g/t Ag
- 0.50m @ 5.6 g/t Au & 116 g/t Ag
- 0.10m @ 4.9 g/t Au & 179 g/t Ag
- 0.50m @ 4.8 g/t Au & 134 g/t Ag
Vein mapping and sampling results indicate vertical precious metal, pathfinder element & quartz textural zoning typical of epithermal systems.
Field work, including continuous diamond saw channel sampling and detailed geological mapping designed to better define extensions of high grade gold-silver mineralisation prior to drill testing, has commenced.
Los Domos Gold-Silver Project Location
(i)All the material assumptions underpinning exploration results information in the initial public reports for Los Domos Gold-Silver project (see ASX release dated 26 October 2016) continue to apply and have not materially changed. No new exploration results are reported for Los Domos.